Monday, June 11, 2012

The Beauty of Building


It is incredible to think of the things that children learn when they build. They learn how to interact socially with their peers by negotiating and cooperating. They become artists and architects designing beautiful structures. They build their strength and coordination.

I am always inspired by the depth of the knowledge that the children aquire while learning in the building area. Truthfully, I think I could write the majority of my report card based on their interactions at blocks.

I was blown away by the beauty and symmetry that the children brought into their building today. They were patient, careful, cooperative in their interactions with each other and the blocks. The language and mathematical thinking that went into their building was exciting to capture!


No comments:

Post a Comment